View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 02:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, I am sorry you had that experience with her. There is no excuse for anyone to be treated that way. My daughter had four sympathetic nerve blocks and they stopped working. I took her to the Cleveland Clinic, where she spent three weeks in the Pediatric Pain Rehabilitation program. We returned two day's ago. She is back in school and not pain free, but doing very well. The clinic is for pediatrics. I know that there is another pain rehab for adults, I believe it is at Mayo. My daughter is no longer taking any pain meds. She was diagnosed in December and was on every imaginable pain med. But now nothing. She went through 9 hour days of PT/ OT for desensidation, aqua therapy and other therapies. If you have any children out there with CRPS, look into this program. It is fantastic, very hard for the kids, but they do get their lives back. She was able to wear a pair of jeans for the first time in 6 months, where she could not put anything on her leg before we went to the Clinic.

My prayers are with all of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOKINJERK View Post
My RSD started in 1999 and was not diagnosed until 2005, a workers comp situation. I would be very careful with Dr Godoy. She was the second pain dr that I saw and at first she was ok, then she got very ugly with me. after one of the pain blocks she blessed me out in the hospital because I am over wieght and then nerve block did not work and I had a lot pain. She had me get out of bed just after the pain block and walk into the hallway of the hospital were there was another hospital bed that wieghted me, this was very embrassing and she was yelling at me. The nurses were very apologetic after she left. She did not put me to sleep and I could feel every jab she made with the needle in my spine. The things that she was saying to me made my husband very mad. She also quit prescribing pain meds to because she told me that it was going to kill me mixed with my other meds. She also told me that there was a disabled person that worked at the McDonalds at the hospital and she told me that he could work so could I. She was not very sympathetic at all of my situation. I would not refer her to anyone. I was referred to her by Dr Kirkpatrick, he is a good dr. This is my experience with her and my opinion.
SandyS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote