View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 04:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Tongue My last revision

For me, the scariest surgery I had occurred in August of 2007, which was the last time I had to visit the hospital. After some coaxing, the doctors took me into the operating room and disconnected my shunt almost immediately after I was admitted; boy, what a big mistake that turned out be. Just days, in fact, almost a week after I had the first surgery, I suffered a massive seizure and almost died; in fact, it was so bad to the point where I had to be bed-ridden for the remainder of the time I was in the hospital, including the last day and a half after the second surgery, except to use the bathroom, and even that was a harrowing task. I now wish I had not had that surgery, and instead would have let the headaches and other problems run their course, because since then, I have had to take a seizure medication twice a day (for a while, I was actually taking two pills twice a day), and what's worse, I may have to be on it for the next four years or until the doctors say that I am no longer prone to seizures.
EricEbac25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote