View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 11:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm already soy, gluten, casein free. I think the culprit was one of:

sunflower seeds (I was eating a lot of them, noticed they were coming out pretty much in the same condition they went in)
Eggs (I eat lots of eggs -- noticed my gut burbling badly after eating)
Peanuts (*cry*)
Coconut

So right now I'm restricting down to fruits, veggies, spices, meats and I'll see if anything changes. I do have a carton of eggs I should use up.

Sorry for the gross title, I hope it does't make anyone queasy. It struck me as funny at the time.

The doctor sent me home with tests for all the common bacteria/parasites and is drawing blood for ttg again. I guess he suspects that I'm getting glutened, but I know I'm not.

Oddly, concurrently with all this, I've been having sensations at night that feel like someone is poking me with a pin. Very sharp, fleeting pain. Happens mostly in my hips. At first I thought it was a bug but I don't see any blood, don't see any bugs. This has also subsided a bit.

I'll try adding some potassium. I have some salt-substitute. Magnesium... I think I'll have to buy some. I've been taking B-vitamins and B12 (sublingual). My diarrhea isn't the watery sort so I don't think I'm getting dehydrated at all. Its odd, none of my D is the watery sort. Very soft, but never watery. Also, there was a sort of oil or perhaps mucus floating at the top of the water. I think oil, not sure mucus floats like that. Sounds like malabsorption doesn't it?

I was thinking the doctor would check my pancrease since oily stools indicate pancrease enzyme deficiency, I think.

Last edited by NancyM; 09-11-2006 at 12:44 PM.
NancyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote