View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 08:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It is a good lesson to learn: being called "disabled" either by a license plate or by other means doesn't make you less of a person. It doesn't make a person less important to their family, their friends or to society. Disabled people just have to do things a little bit differently that’s all.

There is always going to be rain in our lives. Sometimes it pours; sometimes there are horrific thunderstorms that don't seem as if they will ever let up. My Mom told me that I have always been able to find the rainbows in the midst of rain, but I am realizing that not everyone can do that so easily.

It is well known that stress and fatigue exacerbate symptoms (even if you don't have MS) and I have gotten used to my legs being more tired or my eyes not working as well during times of high stress/fatigue. But in the past 10 days I have had more "cognitive issues" than ever before. And it scares me. Then this “lady” had to go and, in a way, call me a retard. When I was growing up if my mom ever heard that word come out of mine or my brother’s mouth we got a big bar of soap to stick in our mouths.

I wanted so bad to say something, to stick up for me, for us, but I crumbled. I was all ready to put on my big girl pants and, and, well I don’t know. I’m trying to stay so positive and it’s just not something I needed to hear. I went to see Jersey Boys on Broadway last week and that song was stuck in my head..."Big Girls Don't Cry". But I cried

HAPPY EASTER!
Thumper2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blues Girl (03-28-2009), DM (03-24-2009), Jappy (03-25-2009), SallyC (03-24-2009), waves (03-25-2009)