View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 08:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello All

I am looking for a support group and a place to share my experiences with others with similar issues.

I had a driveway reflector peirce my frontal lobe, entering through my right tear duct. Full right oribital blowout fracture. This required a frontal craniotomy and much time in intensive care/rehab. This happened when I was 15, i finished high school sans the football, but could wrestle and participate in track and field.

At age 21 I suffered my first grand mal seizure and have had them sporadically ever since. I was on keppra then switched to 600mg twice daily of trileptal. Throughout this time I also was diagnosed with lymes disease and was also a carrier of TB when I was 16.

My main complaints are constant tiredness, headaches, euphoria, and lost time. Does anyone have any coping strategies for the tiredness and lethargy? Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong forum but any help or incite would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyntole View Post
Hi All.
I had a head injury on the 16th April 2007., i.e. a gymnastic beam fell on my head and knocked me out for a while, not sure for how long. When I came round, I was disorientated, didn`t know where I was etc.
Since the accident I have suffered post concussion syndrome and it has completely changed me from being an active martial art instructor to someone who has consistent headaches, nausea etc.

During the past 3 weeks I have had 2 blackouts, each blackout I can`t remem ber. All I can remember before the blackout is feeling giddy, nausea, and feeling as if Im somewhere else, completely vacant. On coming around from the seizure, I have noticed that I have dribbled and that I have accidentally wet myself, together with a feeling of extreme tiredness.

Is there anyone here that has experienced this; if so I would love to speak with you. I have an urgent appointment with the epileptic clinic in Wales, I have had one CT scan but all normal, I am due for another this month.
jswartz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote