Thread: Low Grade Fever
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 09:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile the role of fever ...

For a considerable time now, we realize that elevated temps can help the body fight infection. Your level of discomfort seems minor.

After I had surgery that caused my ovaries to do some weird horomal things for more than a year in my early 30's (til I got given estrogen - went on, by the way, to eventually go thru menopause at 55)), I experienced a fever everyday in the late mornings - made my face redden, perspire, and caused my eyeglasses to fog up -- which was particularly upsetting and embarrassing in church. Course, maybe I felt hot at other times, too - but at home, it was cooler and there was moving air.

How many days or weeks has this been happening?

When I was in my twenties, I once had around a month of daily fevers (started at 101.something) that lasted for hours every afternoon. I didn't take anything for the fevers, just dressed very lightly and sat in front of a fan. It was uncomfortable, but I didn't feel really bad ill - just tired, worn out - all I could really do was sit in front of that fan. After 3 weeks I saw a doctor, but by the time I saw him, the fever was low, within "normal range" (tho still 1.5 degrees higher than MY normal temperature).

Regardless, it was all gone within another week. Have no idea what kind of bug I had, but it didn't last. Just started at its highest, then very slowly diminished as the weeks went by. I had gone in because there was always the chance, after so many weeks, that I had hepatitis or something.

Might be time to see your doctor? If you're still having fever by your appointment time, he will draw some blood and urine and do a workup on you.

Teri

Last edited by OneMoreTime; 12-11-2006 at 09:49 PM.
OneMoreTime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote