View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 09:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help

Hello everyone...
I have a problem.[a long story...I am just trying to explain my prob in detial]
lower back pain-left side....and I feel the pain when I stretch...the pain runs all the way down through the knee upto my left ankle .... I have had this prob for nearly 4 yrs; but never this severe...I have this "flat-foot" condition, whih probably leads to my back pain as I get this lower back pain when I stand for a prolonged time or playing sports for long...
For last 6 months, I have been having this prob with my back[really bad, as I was not able to bend even a bit] after playing volleyball;but I ignored the pain as it reduced when I gave some hot-bag to it and did some stretching....
2 months back, I pulled lower back muscle when playing tennis and the pain aggravated when I went on a road trip soon after....2 weeks later I went to nextcare[urgent care].. they said it was muscle spasm and gave me some relaxers and pain relievers...I also had X-rays done on the lower back on their advice and they said everything was fine...and adviced to rest so the muscle could rebuild and relax...now, its nealy 2 months since I started taking these medicines and its definitly better- Im able to move now..but stretching still causes acute pain and sometimes walking too is difficult...also been to a chiropractic and he said the pelvis was disoriented [my feet were not looking equal] and he twisted my legs and my back popped and it was very relieving...
The next care doctor sugested to have lumbar MRI without contrast if the pain persists...I want to know if I really need to have this MRI for my problem...please let me know what you think I should do...
Bhargava is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote