View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 11:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
Hey Lizard

Do you have any disabilities, did you go to college? I can't because of my mild mental disability, but I am a friendly person, and I am happy that you have wrote me.
Yeah, I have some mildish issues. I did go to college and graduate, but I learned things while I was there that most people never learn in a lifetime...and I don't mean academic. I experienced a severe and lengthy reaction to a seizure med that taught me all about what I'm made of and changed my life completely. Even though it was 20 years ago, I will never forget what it was like. It went on for nearly three years, and 16 1/2 years after graduating dead-last in my class, I still don't know how I survived.

In many ways, though, positives came out of it. I learned to stand up for myself against arrogant, idiotic doctors. I learned how to determine what meds were okay for me to take, and which ones aren't, and it prepared me well for dealing with my son's autism.

I also finally got documentation of my learning disabilities after years of humiliation over failing tests and forgetting things I should have recalled easily. As difficult as those years were, I learned a lot about hydro, epilepsy, and how to manage my health and learn to be independent. My life is very good now.

LIZARD
LIZARD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote