View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 09:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Hope -

Thank you for posting this. It was my understanding that the primary thrust of RSD work at Johns Hopkins was through their pain medicine program within the Department of Anesthesiology and this seems to bear that out. Mind you, this is interesting information, especially some of the data regarding disability. But, if you put it another way, it doesn't seem like Johns Hopkins is a place where they are doing much heavy lifting right now in terms of actual research on the underlying causes and non-palliative treatment of this illness, outside of Dr. Ursula Wesselmann's work on female pelvic pain issues.

I had put in a much longer response to your post, concerning my recent inability to get a neuro-immunological workup for RSD at Johns Hopkins, when I realized that it was duplicative of threads I put up just a few weeks ago, see, e.g. http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...=Johns+Hopkins. One pertainent point I forgotten to mention earlier was that I was indeed offered of referral to their pain management group, but that we agreed that there would be little point in doing that if I was already under the care of a board certified anesthesiologist, and happy with the care that I was receiving in that regard, which I am.

(Nice to have these search functions available on the web-page so that a memory challenged individual such myself can occasionally avoid making a complete fool of said-same-self.)

Mike

p.s. And compliments to Jim Broatch for his participation in the study as well.

Last edited by fmichael; 12-12-2006 at 02:05 AM.
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote