View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 10:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Rsd help

Quote:
Originally Posted by MominPainRSD View Post
Hi all!! This forum has been such a wealth of information and support for me already along my relatively brief road with RSD. I respect your wisdom and experience in so many ways and thought it would be interesting to hear from everyone as to what you each find to be invaluable in your day to day life as you deal with your RSD.

I know many of you have mentioned Epsom salts, heating pads, down pillows in car rides, etc.....but are there specific brands or types of things or fabric contents that you find most soothing or beneficial to you??? I would like to start acquiring an RSD "survival pack" of items (preferably finding things on sale a little bit along) that might help and come in useful when the need arises (or better yet......BEFORE the need arises!).

I thought it could be useful to read each others experiences and what works for them, and perhaps we could ALL pick up a few tips we hadn't thought of before.

Thank you all in advance for responding!!
My legs, knees, and ankles are affected. I was diagnosed last summer and wore shorts at that time. I was really worried about what I was going to wear as the weather got colder. I found yoga pants by Exertec for about around $19.95. They are a smooth fabric and have been a valuable find. They also come in capri pants too. You can order these over the net from Elder-Beerman.com. The fabric shows every little flaw but this just doesn't seem that important anymore. I also have found an ultra soft sock made by gold toe. I can't remember the exact name but you can find these at Kohls.

I have also found physical therapy, i.e., stretching, free weights, and aquatic therapy to be a life saver. I've gone from using a walker to actually being functional again (with limitations).

NSAIDs have been helpful with the swelling, and Cymbalta and Lyrica have been helpful with the neuropathic pain. Also Clonazepam eases the muscle tension. The latter three tend to make me a bit tired, however I have equilibrated over time.

Hope this is helpful.

K.
klb1553 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MominPainRSD (03-30-2009)