Old 03-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengrl View Post
Ok, how about "In A Nutshell" for us nuts? What should I be ordering for a Vitamin D suppliment? lol...I'm shopping now online at the link you provided (I Herb)...So far I have the B taken care of....Thank you for your help
If you have not had testing... I'd start at 2000IU daily.
I use the NOW brand that are liquidgel caps. I think they are better absorbed.

Where you are---you have to factor in sun exposure. I seem to recall from your gardening posts that you are south of me.
So you must get more sun than I do.

This winter I upped to 4000IU because last winter the 2000IU seemed okay, but not terrific. I still had to use my light visor for SAD. This year I only used the light visor in the fall, and not at all after January! I will stop the D when I start to tan up.
I don't take any D in the summers. I am outside for many hours.

My pain levels have been much better this winter, and my SAD almost non-existant.
I have not been tested, I confess.
I based my doses on my feelings in the summer, vs the winter.
Since I have become older, I really can feel this difference now.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gardengrl (03-25-2009)