Old 03-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I firmly believe our primary purpose in life is a relationship with God. When we keep that in focus, things seem to fall into place re our secondary purpose(s)

our prayers, and acts of kindness for others, are IMO the "highest calling" there can be in terms of purpose in society.

I find listening to inspirational music helps me regain my purpose focus when it gets blurry...

I know a lot of people have said good things about the book by Rick Warren "the Purpose Driven Life". it's sad that the political seemed to overshadow all that recently, but I know many have been very motivated by that book, even those who were not "religious" I dont share Warren's political views, nor does my son, but I know the book was very encouraging to him at a time when he was despondent about his future with chronic illness manifesting so young

I hope you husband will find encouragement.

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (03-28-2009), BlueMajo (03-25-2009), Darlene (03-30-2009), Dejibo (03-26-2009), Friend2U (03-26-2009), Idealist (04-02-2009), mistiis (04-02-2009), Twinkletoes (03-25-2009)