View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 06:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend2U View Post
My dh, who is retired on disability, has recently been concerned about not knowing what his purpose is in life. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good resource, maybe a book, journal article, or biblical reference that would be helpful. Thank you so much!
Hello Friend2U,

I believe we are to accept God's gift of love. John 3:16 For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have eternal life. Once we have that personal relationship with God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Life's purpose becomes crystal clear.

When I went on disability 3 years ago it wasn't because of my ability it was because of my dependability. So I volunteer for 2 hours a day twice a week (as long as they are good pain days). This helps me with my need to feel I accomplished something. I also go to the YMCA twice a week to walk in the water. I have made some good friends it gets me out of the house and I get some exercise.

Take care,
Sbowling
SBOWLING is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (03-25-2009), BlueMajo (03-25-2009), Dejibo (03-26-2009), Friend2U (03-26-2009), Idealist (04-02-2009)