View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 07:19 PM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

thanks everyone for the kind thoughts and prayers and wishes...

it was hard hearing the news yesterday...

had to walk outside and be reminded of what life meant....

the warm sun, the golden marsh whistling in the breeze, the egrets fishing, the pelicans gliding in the river...

the new buds sprouting up everywhere and even the pollen that made me sneeze and eyes water...it reminded me that i am alive...and inside that i know someone out there is dying...

it's like a scale in my heart....aching for a special friend who has fought what she thought was ms for many years...and the news...

at the same time, i know this may sound crazy, but because she thought she had progressive ms, that i think she fought it. if she had found out that it was leukodystrophy first. i wonder if she'd fought as hard. i am not sure where the follie is in all this or was it a blessing or a curse...

just from our conversations in the past that i think it's a mixed blessing that she thought it was ms vs the leukodystrophy.

there is also another blessing...her son has shown to be so very responsible and wonderful and i had a nice talk with him. i gave him some encouragement and told him that he's doing a good job...he seemed shocked to hear that he's "good"

she hadn't told him yet and i hope she will...

please don't think i am weird trying to look at the positive side of things...roadie has suffered a lot these years and i hope with all my heart that there is some way for her to beat this thing...

but knowing roadie, the brave road killer as we'd call her...i know deep inside her that spirit is well and alive...and in the end, she'll be ok...yes, she's scared...but she's going to be ok...

thank you all so much...

"you're entering, the

zone..."
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (03-25-2009), barbo (03-26-2009), Curious (03-25-2009), da duck (03-26-2009), Doody (03-26-2009), Koala77 (03-29-2009), Lara (03-25-2009), mistiis (03-25-2009), pono (03-25-2009)