View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 07:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy h View Post
I just wanted to say hello. You are the first story that I read. I wish you the best. I am at first stage of RSD. I have had 4 nerve blocks and it hasn't helped. I just made an appointment for a second opion with Dr Maleki who works with Dr Schwartzman. I have it in my right foot and it is spreading up my leg. I had Tarsel Tunnel Release Surgery on 12/19/08 and they put the cast on too tight and the top of my foot was damaged. I am lookinfg for any hope that I can get. I thank you for your support.
Hey Chrissy,

My first appt. was with Dr. Maleki (2 years ago). He helped me understand RSD/CRPS. He also stressed to me to be an active participant in my health care. Even thought I had to make a nine hour car ride to get to Philly it was worth it just for that advise. Ask questions when you don't understand. We have a complex health condition that outside of Dr. Schwartzman's group and a few other doctors, it is not very well understood in Western Medicine. Visit the RSDS.org web site there is a lot of good information on the site. Take things one day at a time and enjoy the days when the pain isn't so bad.

Best of luck,
Sbowling
SBOWLING is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (03-29-2009)