View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 07:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy h View Post
Hi Lisa,
I have just started the road to recovery. I had surgery 12/19/08 for tarsel tunnel release on my right foot. I was told by the surgeon that there was entrapped nerves also that he fixed. After the surgery I was in severe pain on the 3rd day and my son took me to the Doctors office. They removed the wrap and half cast only to find that it was wrapped too tight and the top of my foot was purple. I don't know if it was the surgery or the wrap that did this. I am thinking of going to a chiropractor after reading your story. I have had 4 nerve blocks so far with no relief. They want to put a stimulator in my back, but I am not ready to commit myself just yet to something so permanent. I am asking for any suggestions. I am 48 and very active. I have been out of work and the gym since the surgery. I am going crazy reading all the negative stuff about RSD, Please help!
Chrissy
Hey Chrissy,

I noticed from another thread you are going to see Dr. Maleki. I saw him two years ago and he told me to stop seeing my Chiropractor. I didn't because his adjustments have been one of the best things to help my full body RSD. Dr. Schwartzman approved of my Chiropractor. He is an activator Chiropractor he doesn't use his hands for adjustment he has a small spring loaded tool that he puts on the part of my spine that needs adjusted and the tool realigns the spine. Which I have found essential to maintaining manageable pain. My DC diagnoised my RSD. All the nerves run through the spine and if the spine is aligned then the nerves work better. I don't use any narcotics on a daily basis only for break through pain and I know my Chiropractor is the reason why.

Hang in there,
Sbowling
SBOWLING is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote