View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 04:06 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thank you all so much for your replies - I really appreciate it and it has given us some hope that the Botox, should we try it can work and relieve some of the pain and spasms from the Dystonia!

I still honestly don't know what to do really. It is SO hard trying to make my mind up on what to do as it is always in the back of my mind that the Botox could make me worse - I think what's making it worse is the fact that I had such a severe reaction to the nerve block. It has given me hope though after reading all of your posts that things could get better - I know it's different for everyone but it's always nice to read positive stories for a change and to get other peoples feedback!!

I see my PTs on Wednesday so am hoping that by then, they will have some answers. I should also be seeing a Neuro PT then so hope she will be able to help me and have some ideas as to what to do. I think it's getting to the point now where we need to try something more agressive ... I have been having PT for 2 years now and it hasn't impacted on the Dystonia whatsoever and I just want a few days to be "normal" and do all of the things that I want to do!!

Info Hungry - Good Luck with the Botox today!!! I really hope it helps you and that you get some much-needed relief! You are in my thoughts and please let me know how you get on when you feel up to it!!

Brandy - I am SO glad to hear that you have gotten some positive results from the Botox! That is great and it gives me some hope that things can get better! Thank you for posting and letting me know - it is much appreciated!!

Jules - I'm sorry that you had so much pain from the botox but am SO glad to hear that it helped you! I wish you the best of luck if you decide to try the Botox again and hope you get even more relief! Please keep us updated and you are in my thoughts!!

Thanks again everyone and I will keep you all updated as to how my appts next week go!

Alison.

PS: For those of you that have had Botox, did you have it done under local or general anaesthetic?? I know it might be different with me being a child but just wondered how they did it for you? Thanks!