15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
Mrs. D.

I clicked on the link and read the description of "Snakes in Suits"

Doesn't apply to my son.

He's a vampire.

God, can you imagine me 20 years or so ago, and some future person comes back in time and says: "Want to know how your son will turn out in 20 years?? He's going to be an emotional vampire".

Never would have thought such a thing.

But, AND THIS IS VERY INTERESTING. I've just learned info today from various sources and people I know. They have adult kids.

All have problems, none work, and the parents bought them all cars and apartments. I said to one of the people: "And she bought her son a car, WHY?????" and the person shrugged and said "Because he was breaking her chops, and she couldn't take it any more"

I just sat back and listened in amazement.

People enable because they can't take their adult kids breaking their chops any more???

Good Lord. I think I'm on another planet.

Melody

I'm getting to this thread a bit late Mel, but I will tell you my opinion. We to have have a very toxic relative in our lives. This person takes and takes and gives nothing back to anyone. I often wonder why he was even put on this earth as he only cons,manipulates,lies,begs,borrows, and sucks up oxygen. My husband calls him the "oxygen thief"

He thinks just because you have some money you should give him half of what you have. He refuses to work. We call them "bludgers", down here. A bludger is someone who contributes absolutely nothing and only works up scams to con people to further his own survival.

Just thinking about all his bull#*#* makes my blood boil.

You have a right to be angry,disappointed and indifferent. You probably reached your threshold for bull along time ago. You don't have to put up with his behaviour in your home and nobody can blame you for keeping him at a distance, and nobody can judge you until they have walked in your shoes.

My son is only 10 years old so it's tough for me to imagine what I would do if I were you. I do know that I keep this toxic relative of ours as far away as possible because I am unable to handle/process his toxicity. It's overwhelming to all of us.

I don't know how people turn out like this, I honestly don't. It's like he doesn't have a conscience and that is soo scary!!

Good Luck Mel, I hope the book helps you some.

Aussie
"Thanks for this!" says:
GladysD (03-29-2009)