View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 07:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

EE03,

Did you have your blood drawn shortly after injection? If so, just know that there can be a transient increase for a few days. It has happened to me on occasion but never really went over the line at all; just a slight increase. What they usually say is to adjust any medicines OR watch your diet. I personally don't know of anyone that turned diabetic after injections but I have seen a few posts where people said that it did. It could be that you are pre-diabetic. Anyway, what I normally do is to have an A1C done periodically since I have received injections for the past 9 years or so. So far so good; the A1C's have all turned out just fine in other words and as the doc says I am controlling my blood sugar just fine. Oops, I should have also added that I have my own glucometer. Sooo...when I get an injection I test for a few days and kind of adjust what I am eating IF I see it increase a bit. Oh, and I am having an annual exam done next week; all the labs. So, I will let you know if anything shows up haywire...the AIC will also be done. I hope this helps a little bit. Others might know more. I will just add that I was a gestational diabetic years ago so I have been watching my blood sugar for a long time.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote