View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 01:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Just an idea worth talking over with your doctor -

Dear Confused,

Depending on how severe the pain is, and how much the pain is really messing up your day to day living, there are always more options worth considering.

After being on oral narcotics for quite a few years, yet with the pain growing ever worse we finally tired an Internal Morphine Pump. I had my first one installed around 6 years ago. When the battery died this past October we decided to hold off till my other much larger surgery was over before replacing it out. When I got my new pump installed a month ago I was blown away with just how much good it's doing, I mean big time!

My pain levels backed off 80% or more off the top, and finally I'm getting back into the swing of things again. I am on the highest concentration of morphine and it is requiring a refill every 7 weeks, but trust me, it's a realy a godsend.

If pain is driving you nuts, who knows, maybe this might help you. Good luck and take care, Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGMAN131307 View Post
I've had this ever increasing leg (thigh) pain for over two years now. The pain includes: aching pain, numbness, tingling, sharp pains, etc.. I've been on various pain medications, with no luck. My doctor also had me get various tests
(blood, bone scan, ultrasound, etc.)

Does my pain sound like it could be a case of Meralgia Paresthetica ?
bobinjeffmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote