View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Arrow Mercury Fillings

I am still reading information that says they are not that unsafe. That the earths crust has mercury, it's in food, in sea water, sea food, in small amounts. With advanced scientific instruments and technology everyone would test positive for mercury. It's what is the toxic level. What is the level for toxicity. The studies that have been done are still pro and con. So it does make a person wonder. My mouth is full of them and has been from the get go. I'm sure other people have many of these as well. I do not feel that I suffer any ill effects from these fillings either and never have.

Personally, I would never go and have them taken out - just to get them out. I'd end up with capped teeth pretty much all over as there would be nothing left to fill. Well, that's an overstatement. The last filling I had replaced was with the other "safe" kind of filling. That is probably what I will do when the next ones have to be replaced. That is because the dentist prefers this now. In saying that, the dentist has never expressed a need to get rid of the mercury fillings just to get rid of them.

The mercury fillings are so durable and less expensive and have been used forever. Anyway, it all makes a person wonder. Not debating - just wondering I'm sure it's a good idea to have the fillings replaced as they come due and need to be just to eliminate any "extra" mercury

Again, I am not debating the subject - just expressing my thoughts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote