View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 01:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default What a strange 2 days - neuropathy or just stress?

Wow what a strange 2 days it has been. I was feeling pretty frustrated about the fact that I need to use a cane to get around so I tried to use it as little as possible at work, I think I over stressed my legs and feet. I got home and was in so much pain all I could do was go to bed, I slept from 4 pm to 6am. Then the next day my hands and feet were very numb and just burned. Way more than normal. My hands were very stiff and clumsy. And I felt very off balance, It was like the ground I was standing on was made of soft mud. It was really upsetting. I could barely keep on my feet even using my cane.

Today was better, more or less normal but I took it easy. All I can think of was that stress and anxiety about the fact that I get fitted for a leg brace tomorrow aggravated things. But the lack of feeling and loss of balance was more extreme than I have felt before.

I am guessing this was more or less stress? Can stress aggravate PN this bad? I didnt check my blood sugars but I didnt eat anything out of my normal diet. So it doesnt seem it like it could have been high Blood sugar.
kreink is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote