View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 11:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Your a very strong person

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali12 View Post
Thank you all so much for your kind words and support - I truly appreciate them and you are the best friends anyone could ever wish for!!

I managed to "survive" my Second Anniversary of dealing with the RSD. It was pretty tough but I was determined to try and focus on the positives and not the negatives. I was in a pain flare all last week so couldn't go to school. The chemist wouldn't prescribe my oral Ketamine for a week and kept saying that they needed to speak to my Pain Management Doctor, even though they had all of the details about how much I take and what it has been prescribed for etc. My PM Doctor wasn't very happy with the chemist and it took ages to try and sort it out but thankfully, we have got it sorted now.

The Ketamine is the only thing that helps me a little and I hate taking it but when I am in a pain flare, I don't have any other choice. I only take it when I absolutely have to as my Doctor fears that it could affect my hormones etc because of my age. It really frustrates me that people automatically assume that everyone on Ketamine is a drug addict - I know some are but there are also people like me who have a chronic pain condition and need it to try and relieve some of the pain!!!

Thanks again everyone for your kind words and support, it means a lot to me! We have a busy week this week as tomorrow I am going for a meeting about an Health and Social Care course that I want to do at college - the teachers want to make sure I will be able to cope with it as it lasts 2 years. Hopefully i'll be able to as there isn't much walking around. I also go to my PT session on Tuesday and am going to speak to them about my arm and see if they can check it out as it is still really hurting. My mum spoke to the PT's the other day on the phone and they said that they would check my arm out and make an appointment for me to see my PM Doctor if they felt it was neccasary.

I'll keep you all updated as to what my PT's say. Thanks again!
Ali, You are a very strong young lady and you give others the will power to keep fighting.Kepp up the good work. Shandi
shandi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (03-29-2009)