View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

You sound alot like my daughter. She was miserable as a child, and had constant tummy aches, and upsets. Her health always seemed so fragile. We consulted MD after MD, and each one added to the growing list of diagnosis' She had more meds than a local pharmacy, and each one had its own list of side effects. She was miserable. We consulted someone about Celiac disease, or Gluten intolerance. We cleared out the cabinets, and went gluten free. It was HARD at first. We were not used to such foods, and this was in the days when no gluten free isle could be found in the local supermarket. We worked hard to remove all gluten from her diet, and within a month, she was getting her old spark back. Her blood sugar normalized. Her moods stabilized. She started sleeping again. She was able to stand long enough to take a shower, without having to be held up. With each passing week, we saw her hair change, and her outlook change. She went from being so sickly, and collecting diseases to feeling like a teenager should. it was really scary.

I am NOT saying that you have this disease, but it is one of the great imitators. The thing with this disease is that just following the diet will either make a drastic change in your life, or it wont. It doesnt hurt to try for a month, and see how you feel.

There is a celiac forum right here, or you can go to Celiac.com or Celiac.org. both offer much information about the disease. Allergies and reactions to foods is so scary. Celiac is when your body cant absorb the proper nutrients from foods. Once the offender (gluten) is removed, your intestines heal, and you can start absorbing the good parts of food again. your body gets a chance to heal and repair itself.

I hope you feel better soon.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote