View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 07:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedspeth View Post
I have read 100s of posts in several forums regarding MVD ops. Your post stating your doc severed the nerve is the first I've read as using that as part of the surgical plan. I'm sure you 'now' have learned that all vessels are padded and the nerve is isolated from contact from any of the vessels. I'm very sorry to hear you've had a bad experience.

I'm scheduled to have an MVD op in 7 days with a surgeon who has performed several hundred MVD ops. When I asked him about severing the nerve he said that is the last thing he wanted to do as it would most likely cause more pain. Like you said, everyone should seek a tried and true expert in TN ops and ask good questions about the after effects.

Wishing you pain-free days!
I just want to clarify that this post is referring to someone else (Jess78) who responded to mine. NO NERVE WAS SEVERED in my MVD. My neurosurgeon said he would never sever a nerve due to the permanent repurcussions of doing so.
CAT

And just for an update: I'm doing good. Some residual nerve damage at the front of my jaw from the dental surgeries. They are manageable. The MONSTER is GONE!!!
NanaCat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (03-28-2009)