View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Oooh Bryanna...sounds like a nerve's been hit?

I do have to admit, that about 5+ years ago I DID ask my dentist [of over 20+ years] for a discount...why? Because it was to do crowns on work he'd been doing for the prior 20+ years? AND it entailed crowns on reciprocal[right term?] upper and lower molars..something he'd said he'd never had to 'do' before. Well, If I am gonna be the guinea pig? As well as a long term client/patient, I think a little abatement was due. I did get a 'little' abatement along with a 'you are right' to go with it. But am still paying the price long term from that dentist.
As for other stuffs? I SHOP! Viciously! It's ingrained in me or something. I don't like being cheated nor will I cheat. Plain and simple. With this tho, I also shop cautiously? In that I look for safety in products and quality as well. The rest is gravy in my book.
I DO admit asking one doctor to possibly give a break to give a basic exam to a person I know who did not have insurance nor could afford the simplist of treatments.. That was granted...but only once. Fine by me? But it was a few years ago.
Times now? Only you as a professional can determine and decide who and what sort of fees you charge or abate.... I can't speak to that, as I've never expected much in the way of professional 'breaks'. When I get them tho
I am one very happy and grateful camper! Maybe I'm rare? Hugs! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote