View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

dahlek,

Your dental situation is the stuff that concerns me..... alot! You basically took the bait at the discounted dental care and continue to pay the price for it. So what did you actually gain?

There are some ethical practitioners out there that offer qualtity dental work to patients who can afford to pay but still ask for a discount. But those guys are not the norm........believe me they will get you to pay in one way or another.

Offering or accepting reduced fees with patients who are in financial distress is a different story. But even in these cases, the quality of care or quality of materials can be questionable in some offices. Which IMO, is very wrong.

I like the way you shop dahlek! It's brutally honest and doesn't dip into anyone elses pocket unnecessarily.

Thanks for sharing your story here......

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlek View Post
I do have to admit, that about 5+ years ago I DID ask my dentist [of over 20+ years] for a discount...why? Because it was to do crowns on work he'd been doing for the prior 20+ years? AND it entailed crowns on reciprocal[right term?] upper and lower molars..something he'd said he'd never had to 'do' before. Well, If I am gonna be the guinea pig? As well as a long term client/patient, I think a little abatement was due. I did get a 'little' abatement along with a 'you are right' to go with it. But am still paying the price long term from that dentist.
As for other stuffs? I SHOP! Viciously! It's ingrained in me or something. I don't like being cheated nor will I cheat. Plain and simple. With this tho, I also shop cautiously? In that I look for safety in products and quality as well. The rest is gravy in my book.
I DO admit asking one doctor to possibly give a break to give a basic exam to a person I know who did not have insurance nor could afford the simplist of treatments.. That was granted...but only once. Fine by me? But it was a few years ago.
Times now? Only you as a professional can determine and decide who and what sort of fees you charge or abate.... I can't speak to that, as I've never expected much in the way of professional 'breaks'. When I get them tho
I am one very happy and grateful camper! Maybe I'm rare? Hugs! - j
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote