View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 11:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Hi Rachary!

Yes, the heat can do awful things to you......I can go from from OK to barely there in matter of minutes - not a great thing since I live in Texas.......

From what I have heard, lots of people with MG do not always test positive for the antibodies.......they will want to do a lot of tests on you to rule it out.....You will want a great neuro that LISTENS and doesn't try and convince you that this is in your head........so many really don't LISTEN.......

If you do have a thymoma, they will want to take that sucker out............and you could go into remission! REmission!

Hang in there! It will get better!

Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachary View Post
Hi, I'm new here and it looks like I might have MG. CT scan shows a possible thymoma and I get very tired and weak. Funny thing is that I was fine for 6 months last year and then there was a heat wave and I was awful again and have ben sick for months since. Thing is, I have tested negative to the main antibody although the neuro I am seeing is re-testing for it and is testing for the MUSK one as well. So, if that's the case, i wonder why the heat makes me worse? Anyway, they want to take my thymus gland out and I'm scared that will only maing all of this worse. I have had these symptoms - dry cough, tickly throat, light sensitive and tired eyes, intense fatige - for a year and half now and have been managing without medication although it's very inconvenient!
Any comments/thoughts gratefully accepted