Thread: Eyes
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 12:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
It cost me $60 to get the full Rx filled last time. The bottle still has some in it, and I think my two samples still have a little something in them too. I'm going to get a refill for the Rx tho, the Pataday drops are the best thing for my allergy dry-eyeballs. Works much much better than just plain eye drops.

I think a lot of meds for MS symptoms cause dry eye. I'm pretty sure that Copaxone can do it somewhat, but antidepressants are a big cause of dry eye. I had a couple of Rx's for sleeping pills last year that caused me such bad dry eye that I gave up trying to use sleeping pills to get thru my insomnia. I think Baclofen is another culprit too. Probably are quite a few others.

I know a lot of meds cause dry mouth AND dry eyes, so not only do a lot of people have to constantly water their eyeballs, they're drinking all the time, and having your mouth get dry all the time too can cause dental problems.
I take baclofen, nortriptylan, neurontin, valium and zanaflex. I never stop and think about it being the medicine that causes it. I had a prescription for some dry eye medicine about a year ago it was the gooey stuff you put in your eye before you went to bed.Didn't care for it to much. Trust about the dry mouth my mouth feels dry all the time.I am going to set a appointment with eye doctor but will probably go see the best eye drops at Wal-Mart that might help.
coletaterbug is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote