View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 06:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

HI There
I am very familiar with vulvodynia, and yes, when the dr tells you you have a painful vulva, you feel like saying " No Kidding!" what do I do about it?
If it is a burning or throbbing, those types of sensations, you may want to look into a pelvic floor physical therapist. You can usually find one by looking up the women's services dept of your hospital and asking the if there are PT's that have worked with vulvodynia patients and pelvic floor problems.
I have pudendal neuralgia, which is a nerve condition where you can have a tight pelvic floor which then impinges on the pudendal nerve ( I believe my case). The PT will work internally to release any tight bands you may have to release tension in the pelvic floor. It has helped me quite a bit. My only symptom is burning in the vaginal area.
In the time being, you could also try a lidoderm/lidocaine cream that could help called Elma cream you would have to get from your gyne. I would look into the pelvic floor physical therapist though and see if you can at least get an evaluation.
take care, jess
jess18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote