Thread: Finger tip pain
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 07:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinJane View Post
I have horrible tremors in my hands and fingers. I was afraid I had Parkinsons. I can't do any therapy as it makes the pain so much worse. I have tried many different types and many different therapists. I always end up leaving crying in pain. I always hope but it never works. I have been told not to do anything. It stinks. I don't normally "work out" but I feel I need to do something. These tremors are tough. I know there used to be a thread with everyones symptoms, if it is still on the board maybe we can update. I am never sure what is a symptom of TOS, RSD, or any other problem. I don't always tell my neuro everything because I don't think it is related. I think I'll post a thread. Linda

hey,

yes, you are in a bad shape. I understand

Work on getting your stress under control. don't stop trying even if you can't stop crying. Accept some level of disability but work with what you've got for now. I read someone's post this morning that said "you can't strengthen your way out of this." Yes, I've been there too. I didn't strengthen. I couldn't.

Now 8, going on 9 years later, just lately able to work with 3 lbs dumbbells, for 10 - 15 minutes, for hands and arms. Walking on aqua treadmill for 45minutes, 10 - 15 minutes at 6 mph. I'm amazed at that. I gave up on my right leg pain a long time ago, as it was the least of my pain inducers, though debilitating in and of itself but it always came along with my painwrecked body no matter how bad it hurt. (Leg did keep me from doing a lot of stuff and kept me up at night, every night, just a matter of how bad it hurt along with my other painwrecked body parts.) So I do know you would if you could. LED and infrared light therapy got me over that hump.

So many humps and hurdles I've crossed. PT was rough most of the time but I stuck with it. I went to PT in a bad shape and came back worse more times than not (about 3 days suffering increased - literally.) Once I had a few (not many) tears during PT. I've even been taken to the point of pucking ROUGH!!!!!!!!! So I learned this jingle along the way... "Good pain/bad pain; good injury/bad injury... I'm so confused " NO joking about it, but I am so thankful for my therapists.

ASTM (Augmented soft tissue mobilization) being the worst and least helpful. Caused significant bruising to my upper body. Not an effective treatment modality for me. ASTM was twice a week for about 4 - 5 weeks. I stuck with that too. ...along with more therapy for other parts, while still working.

I had a hip complaint "hen on a hot rock" type thing (since Oct 2000), diagnosed "bilateral sciatica." Well, 2nd therapist, in 2003, she fixed that with her elbow (took 3 seesions). Well, 1st session came home after that session and had to use ice pack. My theory is "if it swells, slap ice on it." Yelp. you guessed it. Hip swollen and bruised from PT. alls I can say is... "no more hen on a hot rock."

I started Yoga class. Oh, I was a gimp in the class but I wasn't the only one. one lady had bad knees, so she sat in a chair when we were on our knees or lying down. I got assitance from my yoga instructor, meaning she was propping my arms up or helping me stretch out some. I held on to the back of chairs or those dance bars she used for ballet classes for any yoga balancing act we would do. I'm not a yoga master by no stretch of the imagination but I do know it's a positive thing my body needs.

I encourage everyone to find a few poses/stretches/exercises/meditation/relaxation techniques and work from there. I done some exercise things in the bed since I was there most of the time. so since 2000 I've never started anything that I wasn't challenged with at first.

I've also had to just give in or give up on many things. That just adds up to disappointment and depression. No fun....

Oh, yeah, and drink lots of water. Hydration is important.

Through yoga and PT, at 40 I learned how to breathe. Imagine that.

Hang in there
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gibbrn (03-29-2009), Jomar (06-19-2009), tied (06-19-2009)