Old 03-29-2009, 10:18 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiKane View Post
Aloha,

I decided to join this community because after browsing a bit, enjoyed the different forums and info shared. I have RSD (2yrs) and always looking for new info.

Aikane means FRIEND in Hawaiian.

????? How do I join a group, and where is the icon "join"????

Little about me: Had a DVT (blood clot) from business travel that went undiagnosed for few months and now have nerve damage, valve damage and RSD. Had numerous problems with WC doc who didn't know what to do worsening symptoms and wouldn't give me a dx bec actual clot was not seen on ultrasound. (Clots can be small and undetected on U/S, doesn't mean you don't have one). I am 42, mother of 5 (23, 22, 20, 17 and 9) I now only have the 2 youngest at home. My youngest is deaf. More about me, c me on RSD forum.

Mahalo!!

Hello, New Friend!

I'm ASB Pete
or, call me what you will.

Thanks for joining!
You'll meet lots of helpful, inspirational folks here. I wish I could answer all your questions, but, by now I imagine that you've managed to join.
At the top of ANY page, click on neurotalk communities.
It will take you back to the "home page" or the beginning.
Spread out from there.

I don't know a lot about clots, I've never had any. I suppose you must have your blood tested and monitored?
The RSD, I'm very familiar with. Mine started in 83, and was upper left torso/extremity only.
It quickly went to the right side.
Then, in a few more years went what is sometimes (but I think wrongfully) called "full body".
It's not really full body, I certainly have places that don't have the pain as badly, but the perspiration, yes. So, some doctors I've seen have frowned when I said "full body". They didn't get it.
You know your own body.
Trust what it tells you. It must speak through you to your doctor(s).
Which, btw, do you have a good doctor for your RSD?
And, how is your treatment going?

Let us know!

Pete
ASB
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (03-29-2009)