View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 10:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check In March 29-April 4, 2009

Hi Everyone..It is raining here today, and it will be a good day to catch up on replying to e-mails, blogging some things on my mind, and getting back into some political joisting on a couple of political forums I post on..Im thinking about putting another photostory together today as well..I woke up with this song playing in my head by the Who.."The Punk and the Godfather"..Should be interesting..I have a feeling this means that some politician/s is going to get roasted, but good!

I have been very symptomatic lately..The meds arent rescuing me..I have trouble walking..I have trouble getting up from a sitting position..I went clamming a few days ago, and it put me down bad..I only stayed an hour, and that was too long, I couldnt wait to get home and lay down, and when I finally got home, I was completely trashed..There were things I had to/wanted to do, but could do nothing but lay there, as every part of my mind and body was in a hopeless state of weakness and fatigue..fall asleep, and hope to feel better when I wake up..I know what is going on is not progression, it is emotional on a conscious and sub-conscious level that has been gnawing at my peace of mind for a while..No sense in calling my neuro, and going on a medication magical mystery tour..Sometimes you just have to batten down the hatches untill the storm passes..I am completely convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that mental, and emotional health has a significant effect if not control over the physical Parkinsons condition..I was chatting with a guy last night who was a partcipant in a gene therapy clinial trial..Unbeknowst to him, he got the placebo surgery, and his symptoms impoved remakably, as did others in the study who also recieved the placebo..And then I asked him.."What happened to you symptomatically when you found out the truth?"..And he told me that his condition began to backslide to his original physical state, as he realized that his hopes were a fantasy because he was told at the conclusion of the study, about a year later that he had in fact received the placebo surgery, and not the gene therapy, and as a result he began to go through a process of grieving, and devistation..As a matter of fact, the placebo recipiants faired so well, that the study was considered a failure, and is to be redone without any placebo participants..Just as I suspected..Here is a man, who enjoyed the freedom of reduced symptoms, and a reduced medication regimen over that time, contingent on one very simple emotion.."Hope"..So, this begs the question?..How much of pd is physical, and how much of it is the victim of some underlying inner emotional turmoil, temporary or permenant, and/or mental illness/s?..I am going to pay close attention to my emotional condition as time passes, to see where I end up physically at the conclusion of my emotional roller coaster

So, having said all that, yesterday I went down to the boat, and took my pot hauler out of the cabin, and am going to mount it on the front of the cabin so I can catch clams with a bullrake instead of tongs..The hauler will be used to pick up the rake after I have pulled it across the seabed and hopefully have caught some clams in the process..Hopefully I will post some pictures of it next week..In spite of how Ive been feeling, I will not allow this condition to put me down..I am going to live my life, and persue my hopes and dreams, and Pakinsons is not going to stop me!!

How was your week?