View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hello Bob and Welcome to Neurotalk!!! It is great to meet you and everyone here is so nice and friendly so im sure they will be more than happy to help you and answer and questions you have if they can!!!!

I am SO sorry to hear about everything that you have been through! I cant imagine how hard and scary it must be to have to have a limb amputated and then face the possibilty of having to have another amputated!!! I really hope things start getting better for you real soon and you are in my thoughts!!!

I also suffer from RSD. I have it in both arms and my left leg - I developed it when I was 12 years old after falling and spraining my ankle and am now 14. Like you, I have tried lots of medications and different therapies and none have worked that well for me - I am now having to take Ketamine although my doctor doesn't like me being on it as he fears that it could affect my hormones because of my age etc.

I really admire your positive attitude and think that will get you far! To go through all that you have and still have a positive attitude is amazing!!! I always try and remain positive also - it's extremely hard at times but I figure that you just have to make the most of what you have at the moment!!!

If you need anything, please dont hesitate to ask - I am more than happy to help you if I can because I DO understand how scary it can be at times dealng with such an awful condition!!!

Take care of yourself and I hope to see you around the forum more real soon!

Alison