View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi dahlek,

Actually your dental experience with your ex dentist is not that exceptional, unfortunately. You would assume that this guy should know what he's doing and in a sense he does because he has won over his colleagues with his grandeur associations. However, his ego is more polished than his technical skills and ironically..... those that have seen his dentisty know he's lousy but they won't step on his toes no matter what.

I see this stuff all the time from patients who have been treated in dental schools where the dental work is overseen by Dr Big Guns..... it's truly criminal!

I don't understand this statement:
<<While I have some dental insurance? I've never used it because the cost of filing for the reimbursements vs what that $ would be are negelible to me.>>
Is there a fee to file your own insurance claims? If you are paying a premium out of your own pocket for your dental coverage, then it behooves you to use it because if you don't then you are wasting your money on the premium. Please explain this to me, perhaps I can offer some insight to get you reimbursed.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlek View Post
funny how we 'trust' our dentists MORE than we do our physicians at times? Tho we've not a CLUE as to what all is being done to us!

My old ex-dentist was area president of the dental assn! And was a top rated area dentist to boot. I was with his practice from ground zero too. I am ever soo glad that my neuro issues couldn't allow me [tho I mightily tried] to get up the 2+ flights of steps! Saved my mouth...so to speak.

While I have some dental insurance? I've never used it because the cost of filing for the reimbursements vs what that $ would be are negelible to me.

Please, do NOT get me started on the escalating costs of medical insurances! Non-profit PROFIT companies all of them! There!

Hugs and good things to all! - j
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote