Thread: Need your help
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 04:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Just adding the Aspy info, to tie into the PD discussion. What I'm finding is that Aspergers can present early in life as Narcisstic and Borderline Personalities. What's occurring through more social awareness is to recognize this in our children early enough to help intervene and create an atmostphere where they can be more self-sufficient and more productive members of society, and why shouldn't they be given that chance?

http://personalitydisorders.suite101...osing_asperger

It's tough that in the past there wasn't as much 'pop' information, but now with changes in technology and more and more people using the Internet, what seemed like pop psychology has taken off and more people are getting the help and assistance that they deserve. All about the right to be human, afterall.

Now what I'm not a fan of is enabling self-destructive behaviors. SOmetimes, we don't always recognize it when we might do it(at least the enablers in life), and all we can do is keep trying to make life a little more peaceful and enjoyable.

Melody, I admire you for your courage and committment to doing what is right by you.

"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (03-29-2009)