View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 05:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
Hi, I had 2 concussions 6 weeks apart back in 2001. (Relatively minor blows) I still have not recovered fully, one of the reasons being that I was 45 at the time and I am continually (accidentally) bumping my head. I still can not stay awake all day and can avoid most of the symptons of PCS if I do not let my self get over tired. i.e. stick to a routine of taking my rests/sleeps on time during the day and not over exercising and avoiding noise/over stimulation.

It takes very little for me to be concussed now - sudden jerking of my head - like if I am a passenger in a car and go over a speed bump too quickly, stopping too suddenly in the car, reaching under the dining table to pick something up and bumping my head on the way out.

I too have wondered about the fluid cushioning my brain in my skull - like is it still there? My worst concussion was when I wrote my car off when I was 21, had a fractured jaw etc and was unconcious for approx 24 hours.

I understand that each following concussion can tear the exisiting "connections" that have been stretched in the past, so each further concussion follows on with further damage. Needless to say that my MRI and CT showed nothing. The only test that confirmed anything was the QEEG.

8 years on and I am totally fed up and have had enough of it all!

Lynlee
hi the CSF system in our bodies is very complex I had and may still have a leak here is a link that tells you all that you can possibly understand about it , but please understand it is rare and I got it because of skull fractures so don,t go thinking you could have one, and hang in there lynlee

http://www.cerebrospinalfluidresearc...content/5/1/10
vini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DannyT (02-10-2015), Lucy (03-30-2009)