View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 12:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My husbands office installed Dragon Naturally Speaking on everyones computer a few years ago after 2 employees both had to go on workmans comp in the same month for repetative strain injuries from typing.

During that time, my husband was working from home a lot because he was going through chemotherapy.

Long story short - his office gave us a copy of the dragon naturally speaking for our home. I used it a little bit, and it was very easy to use. The only reason I stopped using it is because we live in a condo and voices in our living room carry into the common-area hallway and I didn't want my neighbors to be able to hear me

One thing I noticed with the dragon was the it worked a LOT better with a high quality microphone. At first, I was using the microphone that was part of the computer monitor and the dragon made a loot of mistakes and it was hard to teach it to learn my words.

But when we bought a higher quality microphone that was part of a headset the dragon worked a LOT better. The difference was night and day. I think part of the improvement was having the microphone closer to my mouth because it was a headset, but the largest part of the improvement was simply because the micophone was higher quality.

I hope taht helps,
Liz

PS - several members of the Thoracic Outlet Syndrome forum here at NeuroTalk use voice recognition software, I'm going to post a link to this post in that forum and ask people if they would be willing to come here to share their experiences.
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote