View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 05:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default First-time beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by svision40 View Post
Hi,

I mentioned MP to my neurologist and she bit my head off as it being quack science. Said the stuff was unregulated and there was no way of knowing whether it had been grown next to a nuclear waste dump! Nice!

Who has taken mp as their first PD drug and how effective has it been? At what mg/dose was it effective?

Has anyone looked into the quality of the mp being bought over the internet?

Mike
Hey Mike.

Within my experience of neurologists, I personally wouldn't be overly concerned with the remark; it tends to be a "duck-and-cover" answer when one raises a topic about which they know little or nothing (at best). PD is highly individualized so a regimen copy that works for you may not work as well or differently for someone else and vice-versa.

My first scrip is for Amantadine, 100mg 3x per day. I'm still on it, approx 9 months in because like you, I've been resisting pharma product as much as possible. I have yet to determine what to do about that when it's efficacy wanes, but that's down the road for a bit yet.

You might want to do some research on GSH (l-Glutathione). I've had wonderful success with it as an IV-push 2x per week (the good doctor showed my partner how to administer it so we do the IV at home – it's not rocket science and saves us a whack of cash).

Be advised that if you're up here in Canada, your regular GP or your neurologist will not be able to write you a scrip but any naturopath can. Asking your neuro about it will drive her into a frenzy; at least, it does so here anyway.

Also, IV tends to to be way more effective than oral ingestion.

I'd prefer not to pollute this thread, so if you want more info I'd be happy to reply through an off-site mail address.

As to the quality of MP through the web... I read this thread thoroughly and decided to purchase mine through Amazon.com but it has yet to arrive. I'll be sure to post again when it does, though.

John
iconophile is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote