View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 08:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm in here with you, Thursday.

Herniations and bulges. One disc is both herniated and bulged. I think I have three herniated in my cervical and two bulges, with stenosis. Four broad based bulges for my lumbar. Both under control.

I need to work on my core - it's a goal... or more like a vision/vivid imagination LOL!!!!!!! right now. I'll get there.

Bulges are better than herniations. Can go back/heal - not often - had that happen from '92 MVA(motor vehic acc) on '92 MRI and not there on '98 MRI. then 10-2000 MVA - more, bigger and broader, stenosed...

Bulge like a knot on a tire/herniation extruding jelly doughnut - on a microscopic basis.

I'm a fan of cervical epidurals, X3 for me. It also gave my lumbar relief, my whole spinal column actually. It was definitely a turning point for me. (early 2006) Would dig out those records if you wanted to know what they shot me up with. Worth it.

Had lots of traction -

Manual manipulation for 8 years - PT - wore them out.

Mechanical traction - PT sets you up on that, and adjusts accordingly.

Inversion table - PT and home unit - helped but not without issues, though.

traction home unit consist of a cervical collar on a rope and a bucket on the other side of the door, adjusting weights as needed. Barbaric

Have hung my head over side of bed to stretch neck.

Used ball and/or balloons to stretch neck - sides and back and sometimes even front of neck - to relieve that "retracting turtle neck spasm"... I don't know if you can relate to that.

Have done self manual traction - as I think the manual is better. Something about the human touch, I guess.

Used to be caught out on the highway with overload pain levels and I'd stop at a convinent mart and buy a cheap roll of paper towels and stomp it a few times and use that for my neck so I could get on home. The stomping helped too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thursday View Post
I'm looking to purchase a real traction device. The doctor has prescribed this one & its waaaaay expensive
It looks like this:
Saunders Hometrac Cervical Traction

There's also this cheaper (and non-prescribed) altenative:

Anyone else been prescribed traction or am I alone in this? I have bulging cervical discs...
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
thursday (03-30-2009)