View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 12:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My bread maker is a 1 1/2 pound loaf (I think). Pretty standard size. I put in the water first so the dry ingredients don't stick to the pan and then everythng else goes in. I set it on rapid bake so the kneading is there but not much rising time. The time for a loaf is 140 minutes. When it first starts to mix I scrap off the dry ingredients from the sides and make sure the consistency is like mud (never can find just the right analogy).

If you were baking by hand I would add all the ingredients together, stir quite a bit to knead it, pour it into a bread loaf pan (standard size), and try cooking at 325 degrees or 350 for 50 minutes to one hour. That's my guess though as I use a bread maker. I bought mine for about 40 dollars at Walmart. As long as it has a rapid bake it will do gluten free bread just fine. You could also get Bette Hagman's cookbook.

Thanks for asking. I am so happy to get away from the added starches and have a whole grain loaf. It rises well every time. I use this basic dough recipe for carrot cake (a big hit) and carob cake, and stuffing, and everything in-between.
Leslie
Leslieand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote