View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 09:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Looking for advice and reassurance as care takers of our mom

Hi My name is Missy Masinter my mother had brain surgery on Monday March 22,2009. She had an unruptured anyeurism that was clipped. She was released on Thursday from the hospital to come home and recover. My sister and I are taking care of her and looking for reassurance on what to expect during her recovery process. So far I think all is going well. She has only been home for 2 full days and I think she may be trying to over do things a little. The first day home she slept alot. The following day her speech was great but then the vistors started rolling in. She really wants to talk alot. Today I don't think she rested enough and tonight she seemed to be having problems getting her words out right and gathering her thoughts. It was a little alarming but the doctor did say to this was normal after this surgery. I guess we just wanted to know as care takers what we should expect and would welcome any advice on our part on how to take excellent care of her. I have researched on line foods that help heal the brain and have been trying to get all the proper nutrition in her. She so far has had none of the serious complications they said to look out for. Reading everyone's stories is very inspiring. But we are both very nervous, looking for advice and reassurance.
Melissa Masinter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote