View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 01:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Your pancakes made me smile

It reminded me of a happy memory of Chelsea... every year for her birthday, we would take her for a ride in the car (one of her favorite things) and we would go to the McDonalds drive through and get her a plain hamburger as her birthday treat.

About the doggie goggles-

I had a neighbor years ago who had one of those small dogs with the bulging eyes (I think it was a Pekingese but I may be wrong because am awful at remembering dog breeds). Anyway, it was the dog breed that has the bulging eyes that can 'pop out' if they get injured.

My neighbor got her dog from the shelter, it had been rescued from someone who abused it and the dog had only one eye because the abuser had hit the dog hard enough to pop the other eye out... so the dog had one eye, and one empty socket that was stitched closed.

Because the socket was empty, the neighbor had to be careful to avoid further injury to the empty socket or to the remaining eye.... so she used to put goggles on the dog when she took it for a walk to prevent injury from debris blowing in the wind (sand, leaves, etc...), protect from sticks on the ground and branches on the bushes, and everything else.

The goggles she bought were not made for dogs - they were a childs size motorcycle goggles with a clear plastic front and a strap around the back of the head. The dog looked a bit goofy because you don't expect to see a dog wearing goggles, but the dog didn't seem to mind the goggles at all. It was part of the process of going outside and the dog accepted the goggles the way it accepted the leash and collar.

I wish the neighbor still lived here, because I would ask her if I could take a picture of her dog with the goggles to show you, but she moved several years ago.
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote