View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 04:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hi there

I think I wear similar things on my legs - they fasten with velcro just below my knees. On one hand I love them as I can walk in them without tripping over my feet, but they are very sweaty in the summer. It is autumn down under, so it is definitely getting better on that score. Like you I started out with one, but within about 6 months I got the other one as well.

Regarding the crutches/ cane debate - one of the things that I like about crutches is that they have cuffs that goes around my arms, so they hang on to me. I can actually walk short distances without them (across a room for instance), so I can just let them drag if I need to carry something a short distance. Canes don't hang on, which I found tricky, and I very quickly ran out of hands.

Ok Ok, I confess, I am an orthotics / disability aids geek - I love to get to talk about this stuff as it's become a such big part of my mobility and obviously that is important to me ...... actually I am waiting to trial a reverse walker, but I won't bore you about that ....

cheers

raglet
Raglet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote