View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 06:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ssd

I am having a bad experience with this situation in my state of VA. I have a lawyer, but she does not know my disease so my next step is I have to get my hands tested to see if I can work with my hands. I have been waiting on a hearing DATE since August 27, 2008. I have already had carpel tunnel releases on both hands and one wrist I shattered and is full of screws and pins. I should use a cane around the house but it kills my hands. Since I am going to school online I have to prove I can't work with my hands, so what does that have to do that I can't drive across my mountain everyday, and when I went on FMLA I was already on a light duty job that I could not do I went to my primary Dr. for new pain thinking I have RSD in my bones, he told me that I probably have fibromyalgia and to take that up with the pain center, I looked it up and that would explain a lot of my extra pain, I go there on the 8th of April. I have heard different stories from different states, but unless you have COPD in VA it takes a min. of two years, mine will be up in August but with a lawyer that knows nothing about my disease how can she efficiantly do a good job Anyway this is a tender subject for me as I am pretty ****** off My advice is find some people who have filed in your state because I have heard stories of "right away" and one lady I talked to in WA waited 10 years. Hope this helps
(new member)
tjbird
tjbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote