Old 03-30-2009, 08:33 AM
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by who moi View Post
I would add caution that while MicroSoft is very sure of its patch files will block the worm. That it is still only 98% fool proof.

The truth is with April Fools worm (the 3rd version), nobody really knows what it is going to be like until April Fool's day.

but the best defense it to make sure everything is updated and don't visit sites unknown, download files unknown, turn off all file sharings, turn off remote access.

those that use file sharing sites such as limewire would be very susceptible to attacks.

fastest way to check to see if your remote access is on:

right click on MY COMPUTER>>>> Properties>>> click on REMOTE Tab>>> make sure the check is OFF

and always click on "APPLY"

the anti-virus/spyware can detect the first two versions. But the third version is what will happen on April 1st. And it is still an unknown.

*while the worm is classified as a "virus" it is more than that. Malware, spyware, greyware, rogueware can be added to this particular worm. That is why nobody truly has a TOTAL defense against it.
Thank you for that remider!

If anyone has had internet problems "fixed" by making phone calls and them doing a "test"..yep..they are remotely going into your computer.

I just had to unclick mine again.

Curious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gardengrl (03-30-2009), who moi (03-30-2009)