View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 08:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Yes, MG varies alot.

Wonder,
I put a lengthy reply to you on your thread about the EMG's. Please see it.

I was so concerned about what I was reading in your post though, that I forgot to welcome you to the forum. I'm glad you found it, as there are many people here with a lot of knowlege and experience. It has been invaluable to me and I sure wish I could have this access 14 years ago when my problems became serious problems and I started on this journey!

I could've saved myself a whole lot of trouble and concern, and I think you will really benefit from our experiences as well. Just remember, while we may all have similar conditions, no one here is a substitute for a GOOD
Neurologist - we are just not qualified!

So, Welcome, we're glad you have joined us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder View Post
This is true right? Some days or hours the MG person could have no visible signs of weakness. So even an experienced doc would not see eye drooping, or anything else wrong in a physical exam. This doc was seeing me while I was on Mestinon, so of course he didn't find anything wrong!

Anyway, I'm not sure if my weakness and fatigue are MG or just Fibromyalgia or something else. It seems normal GIVEN the "fibro" stuff. That if it's difficult to do X or Y, then if I do them (push myself), I'll be more weak and tired afterwards (and it could last days). Like a normal person running miles, but all I did was walk two blocks. Hm, I don't know if I am writing any of this down properly. I guess there is a difference and the reason I think I could have MG (with the fibro) is that I'll get weak so fast, but a little bit of rest can really reset it. (In fact, I think my fibro came out of having MG.) I guess what I am trying to do is distinguish which symptoms would go with which autoimmune illness and which might just be normal fatigue (or due to sleep apnea or anxiety or other things).