View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 11:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

From what has happened in my own life and after observing good friends (one who comes to mind in particular), I can tell you that often times these types of experiences are really opportunities in disguise.

I second the notion that Wayne Dyer books are good choices. I also like "Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway" by Susan Jeffers. "Happier," by Tal Ben-Shahar is very good. There are some interesting books by Harriet Lerner, but they might be a little more appropriate for women. Another interesting book is "The Portable Therapist, " by Susanna McMahon, Ph. D. I also like Joel Osteen, but he is not everyone's "cup of tea."

My friend who I mentioned in the top paragraph, had lots of difficulties, and then when she was nearly 60...her husband left her and she had similar, if not the same questions. Today, she does volunteer work and is a member of two or three groups (some are church related.) Holiday time, she is helping the homeless and baking, etc. She is happier, healthier, productive. IN addition, she finds time to help me ... as she is a little older and wiser. She is doing the same for a few of her neighbors. It is not exactly what she thought it would be...but she is very happy, is productive, is appreciated and life is good.

One more thing...how old is your husband? You might want to check on the supplement board here (it's very good and very active)...but they say many people who are over 50 need more B12 in their diets and those who are experiencing sadness and/or anxiety might need a B50 tablet...which is sort of like a multi B (all the different B's). The B vitamins are depleted easily and are very important for overall good health. Perhaps a nutritional boost, plus some good supplemental reading material...will be a powerboast to help your dh find what he is looking for.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BlueMajo (03-30-2009), Friend2U (04-07-2009), Idealist (04-02-2009)