View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 02:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default It's all about proper medical documentation

If you're in the process of either getting on or switching things over in regards to Social Security Disability, then be forewarned, it's all about how well your doctors are documenting your current health situation.

On an average, most people applying for SSD take anywhere from 1 year all the way up to 2. If the doctor has perfectly documented the severity of your health problems, it is possible to get SSD through in 90 days. I know, that's how long mine took when I applied.

RSD is a rather difficult disabilty to get rated on. Because there are so many different types and situations, Social Security knows that in many cases it's just a matter of time till things either get better or it goes away altogether. For people like you who are getting worse, then Social Security is needing the time-line showing that you're still loosing ground. If there is additional problems such as circulation or blood clots, then that will scoot things through faster. Good luck, and hang on because tomorrow will get better so long as you took care of today. Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eileen15565 View Post
can anyone provide any info about the process and chances of getting social security disability due to having RSD. I can't work and no longer have my profession due to RSD...
bobinjeffmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (04-01-2009)