View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 05:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I told my dad last night that sometimes I feel like I am a toddler again, the way I walk around the house when things are wobbly. I got fitted for my ankle brace on Friday, and should have it in 4 weeks. Then I can get out of this dam boot cast. I know it will help with stability on the left side and hopefully because it will be in a shoe, I wont have one leg standing higher than the other like I do now wich may help with balance on my right side.

I am trying not to get worked up about using a cane at this point. I was talking with a guy at church, a close friend who is in his early 90's he has suffered from Polio for decades and it was eventually hard for him to accept a wheel chair, he told me that in the beginning it was hard to accept braces but its like false teeth, you just need to put em on and use em

I dont know if/when I will need a brace on the other leg, I suspect a year or less, I have some of the same symptoms presenting on the right side, that I had on the left side about 8 months ago. But that could just be my neurotic mind playing tricks on me. People at work are supportive, and my students have been really good about helping me out when I need something. I struggle most with my first class of the day, a computer class because when I help students I have to lean over the back of their computer chair to reach and point at what they need to do and it leaves me off balance. I tend to be pretty sore after about 30 minutes of that and then I have to sit for the next period and teach. By the end of the day my legs are pretty fatigued and feel wobbly.
kreink is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote